Friday, March 11, 2011

Dollar store Tea Sets, More Dollar store gems!

***UPDATE February 22nd 2015 These are no longer available the store I got them from has closed.BUT DOLLAR TREE DOES CARRY SIMILAR ONES!  
Dollar store tea sets are one of my favorite purchases. Weather you are looking for plastic like Samantha and Chrissa are enjoying on the table in the photo above or if you prefer China tea sets, check your local dollar stores first before ordering on line.
I have fallen in love with little tea sets, as I child if I ever had one I know it did not last long as I was a bit of a bull in a china shop but now I have a small collection of china ones that I keep for special occasions, and wonderful plastic ones for every day use. All of which I bought at the dollar store. The purple set which I love  and is featured on the table in the above photo was $1.25 and comes with 4 plates 4 cups and a juice jug, so I think of it as an iced tea set and the doll food looks great on the plates. the best part is the dolls can easily hold the cups with out help.
It also comes in pink. If you fall in love with these and can not find them near you let me know and I can sell you a set at cost plus postage just email me and we can work something out or check out my etsy shop, link at then end of this blog post. The other sets shown in the photo I got at a dollar store in West Vancouver at the Park Royal Mall for $2.50 each they come with a tea pot, two tea cups and sauces, a sugar and a creamer. I love them but only bring them out for special occasions. There are also many other dollar store plastic tea sets available, a pink on featured below that may not look fantastic in the package as they usually have a baby-ish sticker on them but simply purchase and peel off the sticker for a great tea set. 
The best part is that at the cost of these sets you can have more then one, in fact I totally recommend picking up a few and storing them for up coming special occasions or the next rainy day. Nothing beats a great tea party!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so email me at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave me a comment here.
If you have fallen in love with any of the tea sets here and can not find them at your local dollar store let me know and I can arrange to pick one up and ship it to you for cost plus shipping.
Email me at karenmowen@gmail.com for more details or stop by my Etsy shop send me a message use the word BLOG to get the set at cost plus shipping
 As you can see this set is perfect for 18 inch dolls like Charrisa.


A stylish tea party is made complete with the perfect tea sets! 
Now available from my Etsy shop at 
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Karenmomofthree 
Remember if you buy from my Etsy shop I will sell you the tea set at cost if you email me or send me a message on etsy first and use the Code word BLOG. Otherwise standard "Tea Set fee" applies.


10 comments:

  1. I've got the purple tea set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What dollar store did you get the purple tea set. I live in New Mexico and those things are hard to find. We have Dollar Tree, Dollar General and Family Dollar around our area. The name of the store would be great.

      Thanks,

      You can let me know by email. dvland@valornet.com

      Delete
  2. Ive got the pink flowered one!(i actually have 2 sets of that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very informative and reliable for future reference. You did a great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which Dollar store did you get the purple set?? Could you email me at LDMS_Photography@hotmail.com ty in advance Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori I will email you but I got this set at a store that was bought out by Dollar Tree. It is no longer the same store. It was a Canadian Store called The Dollar Store I got them in 2011.

      Delete
  5. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found out about your purchase from this BuzzFeed article

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/useful-dollar-store-finds-every-parent-should-know-about?sub=3679359_5030450#5030450

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found American Girl Doll sized skateboards in the toy section at Dollar Tree. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete